There are many birth control options available today, and the choices can seem confusing. We have a useful guide available for free at Panhandle OBGYN to help you decide which method would best fit your lifestyle.
Some criteria our guide uses to determine which method is best for you include:
- How effective (%) is this method
- How many options are available?
- How often do I need to use it?
- Are there interruptions with this method?
- How quickly can I get pregnant if I stop using it?
- Do I need to see my healthcare professional to start?
- Do I need a prescription?
- Does this protect against HIV and STDs?
- Is the method a Hormonal or Non-Hormonal Contraceptive?
Some different methods of birth control include:
- The Patch
- Oral Contraceptives (The Pill)
- Contraceptive Injections
- Progestin-Releasing Intrauterine Device (IUD)
- Vaginal Ring
- Male Condom
- Female Condom
- Intrauterine Device (IUD)
- Cervical Cap
- Surgical Sterilization
Visit us at 7620 Wallace Blvd, Amarillo, TX 79124 or call us (806) 359-5468 to learn more about birth control methods.